Great Lakes ADA Center: http://www.adagreatlakes.org/
Free State ID cards valid for 10 years are available for persons with disabilities. To obtain a state ID card, please visit a Driver Services facility. The applicant must provide an Application for an Illinois Person with a Disability Identification Card completed by his/her doctor.
Chicago MOPD personal care/home services:
Department of Rehabilitation, through Illinois’ Department of Human Services
- Online Illinois DOR application: https://wr.dhs.illinois.gov/wrpublic/wr/setReferral.do
- Office Locator: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?module=12&officetype=&county=
Client Assistance Program (CAP) advocates for people with disabilities in receiving Department of Rehabilitation services:
Illinois Health Care Provider Directory:
Finding the necessary health care providers can be a difficult and often overwhelming task for individuals and families seeking services. This online resource is a single source for locating information about providers (pediatricians, family physicians, pediatric specialists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech pathologists, audiologists, mental health specialists, pediatric dentists, and other health care providers) who care for children, youth, and adults with special health care needs.
Equip for Equality’s Guide to Agencies for People with Disabilities:
Free Legal Services (may have income restrictions and waiting lists for assistance):
- Legal services for people diagnosed with Aids or HIV: http://www.aidslegal.com/
- Limited scope legal advice and referrals for limited income Cook County residents: http://www.carpls.org/
- Legal assistance for people with disabilities in Illinois: http://www.equipforequality.org/
If you do not meet the income restrictions or need immediate legal assistance, please contact our office for a consultation.
Please note that we don’t own, control, or operate third party links and we do not guarantee that the info is up to date.